Saturday 25 January 2014

The woman in the Black Saree

The woman in the black saree;
is strangely unknown to me;
A neighbor of mine;
so calm and kind -
a tranquil and pleasant lady is she;
her rose petaled shaped lips makes me wonder ;
is she Aphrodite, who made me surrender ,
to her beauty filled with serenity? ;

The woman in the black saree;
is as strange as is her saree;
wears nothing but black 
- a stringed back blouse
extending to her hands
tied with lace on either sides,
and a deep U at her back;
revealing her immaculate skin 
exposing her beautifully chiseled scapula
acclimatizing the beauty of that area.
- a jet black chiffon saree
 arranged like a meandering river
turned black;


The woman in black saree;
- whose eccentricity keeps me adhered to her
and thoughtful about her age;
  her hair 
- a color as deep as her apparel is;
the thick mass plaited side wards 
  - falling to her hips ; 
with the loose knot making -
the semi curled curves rest on her wide shoulders; 
her willowy waist  and the navel
 -conspicuous through the saree
which she was never wary of.

The woman in black saree;
for I may think is married;
for the traditional vermilion lies on her forehead;
the color in par with the dominating red hue of her lips
with the rose adding the effect to her signature style;
She walks up to the balcony;
reads a book;
never noticing my pensive look;
my gaze mostly occupied towards the deep rosy lips;
the lower one especially so temping and so thick;

hours and hours go by;
never leaving my state of abeyance ;
apparent that she secedes from mutual company

The woman in black saree 
-the only sentence I use to address her;
as she is anonymous;
for nobody went to her;
for she went to nobody;
some say that she's from another state;
some say that she doesn't like to affiliate;
some say that she is not permitted to go out anywhere;
which is hard for me to assimilate.

The woman in the black saree 
is strangely unknown to me;
a few months later 
- the house's empty;
not a sign of the one who took away my heart along with her;
those unfadable memories which will never blur;
Some say that she left;
Some say that she's dead;
Various unthinkable reasons
- proving her emigration;
The fact which now makes me dread
About losing my own self;
For having never met her;
for which I'm now regretful.

No comments:

Post a Comment