Tuesday 17 December 2013

The Sea


December 2, 2013 at 4:00am

I stand in my balcony;
Overhearing the sea wailing in intense;
I go there no more-
After what it had done to my lover before my presence;
I feel a tinge of whisper passing my ear;
Forbidding me to go there;
To bring back the lost memories of a cut out pair;

I stood there in my balcony;
Overhearing the wails;
Like that of a pod of whales;
Impending me to look at its direction;
In my place of contradictory discretion;
To my every emotion;
That laid me there in deep seclusion;

I stood there in my balcony;
Unaware of the beguiling time;
For hours seemed to me like minutes,
And sweet sugars like lime;
Forgetting the past and stepping into the future,
A difficult idea for someone like me to nurture;

But there I ponder upon the things I had to do 
After the death of my other half;
For which now the wails seem to laugh;
The ones that had swallowed my beloved 
Like landing a large fish with a gaff.


                                                 -KANNY




No comments:

Post a Comment